Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rain in Doha


I wasn't aware that it was raining till I saw the status updates of my friends in FB. Everybody's excited about the rain: first, because its very seldom to see rain in Doha, next, because it rained ice in the industrial area and lastly because rain in the middle east marks the beginning of winter.

As soon as I saw the updates I immediately look out of the window. And yeah it's raining. It was very dark outside. Looks like it was raining mud. There was even lightning. The parking lots were like pools. There is no drainage system here that's why it floods whenever it rains.

But though its dark, I  still saw the beauty of rain in the midst of this desert. Back in the Philippines I always took rain for granted, but here I'm always excited to experience and see it. It's always a blessing to see rain. It shows  us how magnificent and great our Creator is.

Ask the LORD for rain in the springtime;
   it is the LORD who sends the thunderstorms.
He gives showers of rain to all people,
   and plants of the field to everyone. 
                                          Zec 10:1 
post signature
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment