Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pacquiao VS Margarito


Today is the day that we have all been waiting for - the fight between Pacquiao and Margarito.

The Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito fight has been called as the fight of David vs Goliath which refers to the small speedy Pacquiao against formidable and bigger Margarito. However, the favorite one for this fight is PacMan, the reigning pound for pound king.


Manny Pacquiao (51-3-2 38 KO)
Antonio Margarito (38-6 27 KO)


I am no fan of boxing or any other sports for that matter. Just like what my hubby said the only boxer I know is Pacman and when he has a fight I'm always eager to watch it because it gives me a feeling of nationalism and excitement.

Margarito is way bigger than our champ - in size and weight, and that made me nervous a little before the fight. But I think Pacquiao has more speed and mobility. I whisphered a short prayer for P.

Truly God answers! Pacquaio WON over Margarito after the 12 rounds. On Round 1 I already noticed that P's punches are stronger and more powerful than M's. On Round 4 M had a cut below his right eye while P still had no scratch. On Round 11 P looked  at the referee/doctor, I think trying to indicate to stop the fight. He showed and defined what sportmanship is all  about at that round. I like it when he said on his interview when asked about Round 11 that " boxing is not about killing each other".
Way to go PacMAn!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment